#101 Concurrent Session - Wellness in Action; Part 1 - Domestic Violence
Summer Conference 2022
Non-Member: $35.00Your price
While we all have a perception of what domestic violence is, it is a complex topic that can affect staff and our organizations in various ways. It’s become even more complex with WFH considerations and employer obligations to keep employees safe from violence and harassment.
This session covers:
- What DV is and how it can affect the workplace for perpetrators of abuse, targets of abuse, co-workers, and employers
- Considerations for employees working remotely to comply and mitigate risk
- How to approach someone you suspect may be experiencing abuse
- Risk escalation factors and the importance of reporting
- How to help keep targets of abuse, and others in the workplace safe
- Statistical data, policy consideration and the legal framework
Speaker(s): Ruthann Weeks, (She/Her), CRS, People and Culture Strategist, Certified Psychological Health & Safety Advisor
Founder, Harmony In The Workplace, Ltd.