AC2021 - 108: The Impact of COVD-19 on Canadian Immigration; Small Tremor or Earthquake?
2021 Annual Conference
Qualifies for CPD hours - Organizational Effectiveness
COVID-19 rocked every aspect of our world. Canadian immigration has been knocked off-kilter and is just beginning to function under the new normal. This presentation will address all post COVID-19 changes in immigration that affect HR professionals. If you thought you knew how to get a Canadian work permit – think again.
- Summary of post-COVID-19 changes to Canadian immigration law;
- Work permits. – to and from the U.S;
- Week permits from all other countries;
- Family of work permit holder;
- What is an “essential” service;
- Impact of the Quarantine Act; and
- Any other changes post-submission/pre-HRPA conference changes. (We believe that there will be many and that they will be significant)
Green and Spiegel
Evan Green is one of the two Senior Partners at Green and Spiegel and is Certified as a Specialist in Immigration Law by The Law Society of Ontario. Evan is called to the bar in both Canada and the United States and is able to practice federal immigration law in both countries. Evan has been practicing immigration law for over 25 years and has extensive experience in all areas of Canadian immigration. Evan has been identified for many years as a leading practitioner in immigration law. Evan is considered a subject matter expert in the field, frequently asked to speak as a panelist, moderator and lecturer.