Disability management is a persistent and complex workplace issue that arises for employers of all sizes. In this presentation, we'll examine the following topics, among others:
- The duty to accommodate, including procedural and substantive obligations
- Limits to the duty to accommodate
- Responsibilities of the union and employees in the accommodation process
- The threshold for establishing undue hardship
- Attendance management best practices
- Frustration of contract
- Dealing with mental health issues in the workplace
- Understand recent and developing trends in human rights jurisprudence.
- Develop a framework for addressing accommodation issues.
- Identify accommodation issues that can present significant liability to your organization.
A “no show/late cancellation” fee will be charged if cancellation is not provided to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days in advance.
Registrations will NOT be accepted at the door.
Registration Difficulties or Questions: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator Tracey Gallacher at email@example.com
Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!