The Welcome to the Chapter Event provides an opportunity for the membership to learn about the various functions of the Toronto Chapter of the HRPA, network with other HR professionals from the Toronto area, and connect with the Board of Directors for the chapter.
KEYNOTE Fostering Inclusion & Belonging Through Authentic Leadership
We are in a time of social awakening, where difficult but necessary conversations are shedding light on issues of systemic racism, discrimination, and the everyday experiences of BIPOC and other people belonging to minority groups. As HR professionals, there is an increasing need to listen, understand, believe and be strong allies to support equity and remove barriers to inclusion within our workplaces and encourage others to do the same. What can each of us do to foster an environment where everyone feels safe to show up authentically and ask for help without fear of judgement? How can we identify and adjust our unconscious biases? How can we ensure to create psychologically safe spaces for all?
By building inclusive, empathetic workplaces, we can create collective resilience and promote equity in the right way. When we embrace our vulnerabilities and show up authentically, we foster genuine trust, real connections, resilience, inclusion and collective human connection. This unlocks new potential and helps us become the remarkable HR leaders we are and set the stage for others to do the same.
In this session, you will learn how to create meaningful lasting connections, cultivate human-lead leadership within yourself and others, understand the connection between inclusivity, authenticity and mental wellness and how they all play a part in helping us live healthy, happy and truly fulfilled lives.
- Develop an understanding of what causes unconscious biases towards others and learn how to identify your own so you can move forward towards equity for all.
- Learn what it truly means to be an inclusive business professional and how to encourage others to model the same behaviour.
- Create a working environment that is inclusive for all, allowing others to show up authentically as themselves and see others' differences in a whole new light.
- Understand the business case for why inclusivity in our organizations is so important and how we can all create spaces of psychological safety for everyone.
- Understand the value of authenticity and how being your authentic self can lead to elevated connection, collaboration and cohesive team environments.
- Learn how authentic and Inclusive leaders bring teams together, unlock humanity and inspire purpose that goes far beyond job titles and business cards.
5:30pm - Registration and Appetizers
6:00pm - Overview of the Chapter
7:00pm - Keynote Speaker
8:00pm - Close
Registration Difficulties or Questions? Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Tammy Williams