As HR professionals, we spend a lot of time and effort communicating with those around us. Sometimes those conversations are fraught with emotions. In just 90 minutes you will discover how to Manage Difficult Conversations and Your Emotions, ensuring your message is clear and your emotional health stays intact. (Bonus, you will learn how to help others with their emotions so that they can hear you).
You will explore
Communication Strategies, Managing Your Emotions (and Theirs), How to Have That Difficult Conversation, Self-Care After a Challenging Situation and so much more.
- Handle the Emotional Response (Yours and Theirs)
- Effectively prepare for a conversation based on personality and emotions.
- Cut through the emotional noise so that your message is heard.
- Communicate within all levels of an organization (about anything)
- Understand what triggers your emotions and how to stop them.
- Discover other people's "tells" when they have shut off from the conversation and how to bring them back.
- Set healthy boundaries so that you do not carry other's emotions.
- How to take care of your emotional health so that you do not carry them to the next conversation or home.
7:00 pm – Welcome and Introductions
7:05 pm – Presentation and Q&A
8:30 pm - Event Concludes
Registration Closes: Tuesday October 19, 2021 at 9:00 pm.
Registration Difficulties or Questions: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator Bobbi-Lyn Smith at BLSmith@hrpa.ca
Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!
Speaker – Sherry Barron
Sherry is known as the "Business Behaviourist" because of her proven approach to affect change in morale and productivity in the organizations she helps. Sherry has taught over 20,000 people and worked with many companies across North America. Her portfolio includes essential soft skill topics such as leadership, project management, stress management, time management, conflict resolution, people management, human resources law, behavioural interviewing, and train the trainer. As an experienced and successful entrepreneur, she has built and led multi-million-dollar companies. Sherry shares her tenacity, enthusiasm, and business knowledge with other professionals, enabling them to do the same.
Sherry is a master communicator, a body language expert, a former certified fraud examiner, and a private investigator as well as a recognized international keynote speaker. Sherry knows that to motivate and empower individuals and corporations she must give them the knowledge and tools in a way that is fun, useful, and easy to integrate into their lives. Sherry will leave you with the excitement to stand up and stand out in today's world.