This session will address the current state of employment and labour law as it applies to Covid-19 and the return to the workplace. Among other things, it will cover the following:
- employer rights and responsibilities in getting people back to the workplace
- responding to employees who refuse to return to work
- consideration of human rights issues, the requirement to accommodate short of undue hardship (this includes responding to requests for accommodation)
- how should employers respond to vaccination refusals- many employees believe the pandemic is over
- what are the employer obligations to maintain a safe workplace under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Covid-19 and constructive wrongful dismissal-pitfalls, and avoiding liability
This session is designed to update HR Professionals on the rapidly changing state of the law as we transition from one phase of the pandemic into another. It will assist such professionals in assessing risk and determining response.
As the workplace transitions from one phase of the pandemic to another, employers must be prepared to readily adapt to the changing legal landscape. This session will assist HR professionals not only in enhancing their ability to respond to employee expectations and needs, it will do so with a view to both mitigating and avoiding legal liability. The session will address not only the law, but perhaps more importantly, its practical application in the workplace. In order to promote enhanced learning opportunities, the session will also provide an opportunity for audience participation. This includes the ability to ask questions (and get answers) relevant to real life HR experiences in relation to this topic.
In the workplace, HR professionals are motivators, educators, leaders and decision-makers. This session is directed at assisting them in carrying out such all-important duties.
- providing relevant and timely education as to the current state of the law in this area
- enhancing the ability of HR Professionals to respond to employee needs and address employee expectations
- assisting HR Professionals in recognizing potential liability
LIMITED SEATING - REGISTER EARLY!
A “no show/late cancellation” fee will be charged if cancellation is not provided to email@example.com at least 3 business days in advance.
Registrations will not be accepted at the door.
Any required Proof of Vaccination and/or PPE safety protocols for this in-person event will be shared closer to the event date.
Registration Difficulties or Questions: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Tracey Gallacher firstname.lastname@example.org
“Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!”