The partnership between IIBA and HRPA is a pivotal relationship that emphasizes the value of leveraging business analysis to optimize Human Resources (HR) practices, to help the HR profession meet the challenges of today’s world, embrace new opportunities to add value, and lead at a higher level.
What HR Professionals Are Saying About the Program
“This program is focused on giving HR practitioners' practical business analysis tools to assist in navigating complex projects and change. These skills will set up HR diagnostics to be clear and strategic for your clients and leaders.”
- Mary Madigan Lee, Chief People Officer, City of Toronto.
“Every organization is moving at a much higher pace of speed and in more complex environments, so we need to get really essentialist about the work that we're doing. We need to ensure that the time we are investing is going to have the greatest impact possible. The course provided learnings to help us build a stronger product development mindset, which will allow us to have that greater impact to drive greater business outcomes.”
- Mila Lucio, Executive Vice President, Head of Human Resources and Social Impact at Green Shield Canada (GSC)
This program prepares a professional for two certificates:
- On completion, each participant will receive the Human Resources Solutions Certificate (HRSC)
- IIBA’s Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (IIBA-ECBA) will be awarded to participants who have purchased the ECBA Accelerator and Exam bundle and successfully sit their ECBA examination.
IIBA-ECBA covers foundational knowledge on how to approach business analysis according to the BABOK® Guide.
The ECBA Accelerator is a 10-hour asynchronous learning module to help prepare to sit ECBA examination. It includes:
- Learning objectives aligned to the ECBA Exam Blueprint.
- Contains pre-assessment test of current knowledge to help identify areas of focus and additional study.
- 10-hours of self-study material that summarizes the key concepts in the BABOK® Guide so candidates can reinforce what they’ve learned.
- Learning tracking to help candidates be more efficient in working through the materials.
Steps to Purchase ECBA Accelerator and Exam Bundle:
- Click on Register Online on Left side top of the page.
- Sign in (If you have not Signed in already)
- Select Registrant (s)
- Under registration Click on the dropdown and select "With ECBA Bundle" and the price changes to $2,495 for Members and $2,995 for Non-Members
About The Program
Coming into the post-pandemic era, workplaces need to increase learning agility, simplify cumbersome people processes, transform the employee experience, and turn their attention to increased organizational effectiveness in the context of the new world of work.
We’ve created this program to radically upskill HR leaders and HR professionals at all levels. This program leverages four interdependent HR processes:
- Workforce Planning
- Employee Development & Performance Management
- Total Rewards
- Succession Planning as situational examples of how HR can support organizational transformation through Business Analysis
These core processes will be closely studied to reimagine organizations’ potential when it comes to achieving their HR strategy and desired culture. In this five module certificate program participants will radically elevate their ability to positively impact their organizations, and this is exactly what top leadership demands.
Module 1: June 5, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Introducing Strategic Analysis is intended to introduce HR professionals to the discipline of business analysis, using the context of HR processes, needs, and challenges to establish the value of the Business Analysis practice. This Module will introduce the BABOK Guide, as well as the HR Scenarios to be explored throughout the course.
Module 2: June 8, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Elicitation, Collaboration and Competencies will build on Module 1, where HR professionals will explore the competencies, the techniques, and the processes they will use to plan and perform analysis throughout their course work. This Module will closely examine Chapter 9 –Business Analysis Competencies, where participants will create the HR Strategic Analysis Persona, which will establish their own target state profile.
Ideation for Strategy Analysis provides learners with the practical, hands-on activities and case study materials to begin their HR initiatives, with focus on the essential analysis work that should take place early in Strategy Analysis, leading to Scope Definition. This Module focus on BABOK Guide Chapter 6, Strategy Analysis, and will incorporate necessary techniques for this phase as defined in Chapter 10.
Scope Definition & Business Case Development builds on the practical, hands-on activities and case study materials completed through Module 3, where learners will perform requirements analysis necessary to confirm Scope Definition, as well as begin populating the Business Case. This Module focus on BABOK Guide Chapter 7, Requirements Analysis & Design Definition, as well as Chapter 10 techniques for this phase.
Consulting Session June 19, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Module 5: June 22, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Solution Recommendation & Business Case Delivery completes the case study work completed through Modules 3 and 4, where learners will explore potential solution options, define target KPIs, and complete the Business Case. Learners will then be expected to present their final case proposal. This Module focus on BABOK Guide Chapters 5, 7 and 8 (Solution Evaluation), as well as Chapter 10 techniques for this phase.
What Makes This Program Unique?
HR professionals will transform from being a service provider to being a solution designer by developing competencies to:
- Conduct comprehensive needs analysis and create evidence-informed solutions.
- Drive strategic change in human capital.
- Improve planning and communication with change-makers.
- Offer proactive solutions to enhance organizational speed and agility.
Who Should Attend This Program?
Mid-career HR professionals:
- Who want to develop competencies to go deeper, use data and distill insights and meaning that can make an enormous impact on the lives of employees and the company’s success.
- Looking to build their skills to prepare them for more significant impact inside their organizations.
- Preparing themselves for promotion opportunities.
- Wanting to diversify their skillsets (e.g. specialists who want to become HR generalists) will develop immediately applicable skills across a broad array of HR topics.
- Who’ve been ‘stuck’ and feel like they need to upgrade themselves or reignite their passion for the people profession.
Program Learning Objectives
- Apply business analysis skills to tackle value-creating HR programs, develop an actionable plan and create and get buy-in for a compelling story for change.
- Develop an approach to engage your HR customer, understand business needs and values, and elevate the focus of HR.
- Enable organizational change by identifying opportunities, defining needs, and recommending solutions to deliver stakeholder value.
- Better understand best practices, competencies, and approaches to optimize human capital.
- Support HR deliverables, develop supporting metrics and deliver the organizational plan.