Barrie and District: 04.12.2021 – Leadership Speaking Mastery (Webinar)
This course will teach you the skills and feedback you need to capture and hold the attention of your listeners - whether it is at a meeting, a presentation. You will learn to speak confidently and persuasively, without fear.
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Create a strong, engaging presentation
- Deliver a persuasive message to small and large audiences
- Learn to use techniques of famous public speakers
- Use your tone and pacing for clarity and to hold the interest of your audience
- Improve your voice projection, voice pitch and resonance
- Eliminate negative speech habits, such as "um", "up" tone, etc.
- Use notes and PowerPoint effectively
- Use effective body language and facial expression
- Lose your fear of Public Speaking
- Grasp and keep your listeners' attention in meetings and presentations
- Communication - Clear, Concise delivery and presentation techniques for professionals and business leaders. The ability to deliver information effectively to a group is an important skill for Human Resources Professionals to have a seat at the management table.
- Leadership - The ability to know your audience and the know how to deliver information in a manner that impacts the outcome.
- Critical Thinking - Learn how to think on your feet, change delivery if necessary, read body language and speak effectively delivering information that is beneficial.
Guest Speaker – Bonnie Gross BA, DSPA
Combining Speech Pathology and Media Arts, Bonnie has created innovative speaking skills programs with outstanding, measurable results for the past 25 years.
- President, SpeechScience International Inc. (current)
- Former President of the Ontario Speech and Hearing Association.
- Creator and head of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Toronto's Scarborough General Hospital for 15 years.
- Award recipient - Honours of the Ontario Association of Speech-language Pathology and Audiology for outstanding contribution to the profession.
- Award recipient - Ethnicity - Programming Excellence Award.- A weekly TV show highlighting ethnic issues in the news in Canada.
- Award recipient - Readers Choice Award- Toronto Star - for Best Speech services in Toronto - 2019
- Leadership Speaking Mastery, Accent Reduction, Executive Voice and Speaking skills, Public Speaking, Presence and Charisma courses delivered to - Fortune 500 companies, Schulich, and Ivey Schools of
- Business, United Nations- New York, and many private clients including Executives, rising businesspeople, actors and singers.
6:30 pm – Welcome and Introductions
6:40 pm - Presentation and Q&A
8:00 pm - Event Concludes
Sunday April 11, 2021 at 11:00pm
** During registration, please consider the donation option. Donated funds collected through this event registration will be equally divided between Indspire and Black Youth Helpline, preferred charities identified by HRPA members in a recent survey.