Each year, the average full-time employee in Canada is absent from work approximately nine days. Some absences are for a day or two, while others last considerably longer. Absenteeism at a workplace can significantly and negatively impact the productivity and profitability of the organization.
This webinar will outline an employer's legal obligations in connection with workplace absences and provide strategies on what can be done to minimize unplanned time away from work. It will focus on managing your workforce's planned and unplanned absences from work. The discussion will include a summary of your employees' legal entitlements, strategies on how to deal with and obtain medical documentation, strategies on how to manage absent employees as well as tips and strategies on how to reduce absenteeism.
- Understand the protected leaves of absence under the Employment Standards Act, 2000
- Understand human rights considerations when addressing absenteeism
- Learn how are culpable vs. non-culpable absences are treated differently
- Learn best practices for communicating with an absent employee, including obtaining appropriate medical information
- Learn when an employer may discipline or terminate for absenteeism
Tips to Reduce Absenteeism
- Attendance Management Policies/Programs – what to consider when preparing your own
- Attendance awards and other incentives
Who should attend?
This program is designed for human resources professionals.