Barrie: 09.22.2020 - Understanding People from Different Cultures and Overcoming Cultural Gaps
This presentation will:
- Explain various cultural differences vis-à-vis the culture of mainstream Canadians. This points out how strikingly different the cultural beliefs and values of foreign countries can be.
- Show and explain the "Visible Cultural" features of a culture and the powerful "Invisible Cultural" core features resulting in the "Visible Culture" features of a culturally different individual
- Explain the various aspects of "Culture" which is, in effect, an umbrella term
- Show and explain the power and impact of an individual’s "Cultural Lens
- Show and explain examples of cultural mistakes unconsciously made by mainstream Canadian employees when interacting with culturally different employees.
- Show and explain Cultural mistakes commonly unconsciously made by mainstream Canadian managers when interacting with culturally different employees.
- Explain the important "starting point" of understanding culturally different individuals.
- Show and explain the seven most important dimensions of a culture and compares each dimension to the culture of mainstream Canadians.
Speaker Details: Bill Dennis, B Commerce, MBA, CSP (Distinction)
Bill is a Cultural, Generational, and Inclusion subject matter expert specializing in training business professionals on how to be as successful as possible with people from different Cultures (including Indigenous Peoples) and from different Generations.
Bill is also trained in providing clients a customized personal "Cultural Analysis Profile Report" of their cultural predispositions and biases and a personal "Cultural Gaps and Barriers" Report identifying their cross-cultural gaps and barriers with individuals in/from 100 foreign countries.His company, Cultural & Generational Training, significantly enhances it value to client by providing complimentary post-training support.
Presentations have been made at such organizations as the World Trade Centre (Toronto), Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE), Royal Bank of Canada, International Customer Service Association (Toronto), and Mississauga Real Estate Board.
6:30pm - Opening Comments and Introductions
6:40pm - Speaker Presentation
8:00pm - Closing Comments and Conclusion
September 20, 2020 - 6:00pm