Absenteeism is a strategic issue; it is growing, getting more expensive every year, and negatively impacting organizational effectiveness, productivity, profitability and employee engagement. And that solving absenteeism requires a strategic approach - holistic, long-term, and driven by return-on-investment analysis.
In this engaging and interactive presentation, Angelo Carofano, MBA, CPA, Executive Vice-President & Chief Financial Officer at Workplace Medical Corp will share how he has seen, first-hand, the massive organizational benefits of taking a strategic approach to absence management, both financial and non-financial. With the aid of several compelling and insightful case studies, the audience will learn why:
- Reducing absenteeism requires a strategic, holistic approach – one that necessitates investment and long-term thinking
- The entire senior management team needs to be involved in reducing absenteeism, particularly the CFO
- Organizations should treat investments in reducing absenteeism the same as other capital expenditures - making decisions based upon return-on-investment assessments
- Visibility, accountability, and a clear path to reducing avoidable absenteeism are key, and how to overcome these critical hurdles
- A well structured, consistently managed absence management program will be well received by employees
- Introduces new perspective for addressing priority of absence management and achieving organization goals.
- Addresses why HR teams are not achieving their intended outcomes in managing absenteeism.
- Provides a framework for identifying and quantifying the absenteeism problem, building a strategic plan and implementing and governing that plan.
13h30 to 14h00 Presentation
Learning & Giving back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!
Registration Difficulties or Questions? Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Tammy Williams firstname.lastname@example.org