Guelph: 05.28.2020 - Communicate with Confidence, Clarity and Persuasion (Webcast ONLY)
As social beings, we spend a lot of time and effort in communicating with those around us. you will discover how to Communicate with Confidence, Clarity, and Persuasion.
You will explore: Styles of Communication, Assertiveness, Effective Listening Skills, Questioning Techniques and so much more.
- Discover the different styles of communication and identify your own.
- Explore the 4 dominating personalities that help identify the communication style you will use to make the biggest impact.
- The 6-step disagreement technique that builds trust.
- How to avoid appearing too aggressive or too passive.
- How to guide conversations towards the direction of your choice.
- Understand what causes misunderstandings and how to minimize them.
- The must-do steps to create instant rapport and gain commitment.
- How to rephrase requests and ask others for what you want.
- How to gain commitment without using power, position or status.
- What strategy to use in managing difficult conversations.
- How to deal with yours and other emotions quickly to get to the matter at hand.
Guest Speaker: Sherry Barron
Sherry is known as the "Business Behaviourist" because of her proven approach to affect change in morale and productivity in the organizations she helps. Sherry has taught over 20,000 people and worked with many companies across North America. Her portfolio includes essential soft skill topics such as leadership, project management, stress management, time management, conflict resolution, people management, human resources law, behavioural interviewing and train the trainer. As an experienced and successful entrepreneur, she has built and led multi-million-dollar companies. Sherry shares her tenacity, enthusiasm and business knowledge with other professionals, enabling them to do the same. Sherry is a master communicator, a body language expert, a former certified fraud examiner and private investigator as well as a recognized international keynote speaker. Sherry knows that to motivate and empower individuals and corporations she must give them the knowledge and tools in a way that is fun, useful and easy to integrate into their lives. Sherry will leave you with the excitement to stand up and stand out in today's world.
6:30pm – Opening Remarks and Introductions
6:35pm – 8:00pm - Presentation and Closing Remarks
HR Professionals are seeking to assist!
We are all in this together, and for many Ontarians access to food is a real challenge at this time. As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Feed Ontario as our COVID-19 recommended charity.
HRPA members attending Chapter sessions between now and June 30, 2020 have the option to support, please select the $5 registration option when joining a free chapter webinar. All proceeds will go to support COVID-19 efforts through Feed Ontario. All contributions will be non-refundable.