The pending legalization of recreational marijuana has made the topic of fitness for duty more important than ever for HR professionals; this program will cover the state of the law regarding medical marijuana, human rights, and health and safety in the workplace.
In this session, participants will hear a review of the current state of the law with respect to cannabis, medical marijuana, and the legalization proposed for July 1, 2018; fitness for duty and prohibiting alcohol and drugs from the workplace; human rights challenges dealing with A&D dependency and addiction by workers; A&D testing law in Canada; and developing an effective A&D fitness for duty police.
- The state of the law regarding medical marijuana in the workplace
- Human rights case law and recent developments under the Elk Valley Coal case of the Supreme Court
- Why focusing on Fitness for Duty is critical in safety sensitive positions
- When employers can test for alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- Essential elements of a fitness for duty policy
Who should attend?
All HR professionals, vice presidents, in-house lawyers, safety professionals, and operational executives.