Effective investigation interviewing is critical to the success of any investigation. However, it can also be the most difficult and challenging task you encounter in the investigation process.
If you want to be a great investigator, you must become a great interviewer. This one-day workshop shows you how and guides you through a process to develop the key skills required to have confidence and success in your investigative interviews.
Gain the tools you need to improve interviewing skills, develop skills to assess credibility, and learn through demonstrations as well as exercises and role-playing.
This course is intense and very practical. Although there are no prerequisites for this program, it is recommended that those taking the program have some general experience in conducting interviews, whether investigative or for another purpose in their professional role.
- Understand the ethics of interviewing including fairness and neutrality
- Know how to choose who should be interviewed
- Learn various methods / strategies for interviews
- Understand how to establish and maintain rapport with interviewees
- Know how to deal effectively with challenges such as hostile, uncooperative, or overzealous interviewees
- Develop understanding and skills for assessing the credibility of interview subjects
- Learn skills for managing representatives such as lawyers or union representatives
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for anyone who conducts investigations and wants to enhance and build on their interviewing skills. This would include HR professionals at all levels, who might be tasked with conducting investigations in the workplace, or having oversight of investigations being conducted by others.