Join us as speaker Nitin Deckha reinforces the business case for gender and transgender inclusion in the workplace, with particular focus on the manufacturing sector. This session will assist HR and business professionals in building robust gender and transgender inclusion policies and processes that:
1. Go beyond a compliance focus
2. Respond to labour shortages by attracting new recruits
3. Enhance workplace innovation
Nitin will begin with an examination of gender socialization, and the psychological and cultural dimensions of gender bias. We will explore transgender identities and expressions, and reviews the Ontario Human Rights Code before moving on to case studies from manufacturing firms and other male-dominated fields to demonstrate how HR professionals can foster effective gender and transgender inclusion in workplaces.
12:00 PM - Welcome and Introductions
12:05 PM - Speaker Presentation
1:30 PM - Event Concludes
Registration closes: February 14, 2021 at 8:00am
Registration Difficulties or Questions? Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator Bobbi-Lyn Smith at BLSmith@hrpa.ca
1. Examine gender socialization, and the psychological and cultural dimensions of gender bias
2. Identify transgender identities and expressions
3. Assess case studies to identify best practices in gender and transgender inclusion
4. Distill how gender and transgender inclusion in the workplace can help resolve labour shortages, recruitment challenges and foster innovation
Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!