Many employers run afoul of human rights legislation when it comes to accommodating an employee's illness or disability. This can lead to human rights complaints and costly damages awards.
This program explores: the scope and nature of the employer's duty to accommodate illness or disability; how to appropriately respond to requests for accommodation; how to handle return to work plans; and limits on requests for medical documentation from the employee.
- Assess when the duty to accommodate arises
- Understand what constitutes a disability in light of recent case law
- Understand what the duty to accommodate involves
- Best practices for responding to requests for accommodation
- Understand what types of medical documentation you can/should obtain from employees who require accommodation in light of new guidelines from the human rights commission
Who should attend?
This program is appropriate for managers and Human Resources professionals.