Many of us assume that if an employee quits their job, they are not entitled to any termination or severance pay. But this is not necessarily true.
Employers may be on the hook for a multitude of damages if an employee quits their job in response to certain triggering events. This seminar will cover those factors, as well as the general law of constructive dismissal.
In this one-hour webinar, you will learn how to identify and mitigate any potential factors that may lead to a constructive dismissal claim.
- Overview of general law of constructive dismissal
- Cover the various types of constructive dismissal
- Breach of contract – what changes to the contract are acceptable
- Untenable work environment – when does a work environment become toxic or intolerable
- Human rights considerations
- Occupational health and safety concerns, and failure to investigate
- Possible damages
- Risk mitigation and best practice tips
Who should attend?
Anyone in HR or management with a dynamic workforce.