Peel Professional Development Day - October 22, 2020
Morning Session: 9:00am-noon (with a 10 minute break around 10:30am)
Afternoon Session: 1:00pm-4:00pm (with a 10 minute break around 2:30pm)
Morning Session - Presented by: Sunny Khaira & Rebecca Liu - Hicks Morely LLP
Navigating Employment Law in Covid 19 will provide Legal updates on matters related to COVID 19 including:
- updated legislation
- accommodation and refusal to work, government programs around compensation
- termination procedures to consider/layoffs - temporary and permanent.
Afternoon Session - Presented by: Tammy Whelen & Karyn Hand - Canadian Mental Health Association - Peel Dufferin
Building Resiliency in Extraordinary times - will provide:
- deeper understanding into mental health impacts of change in extraordinary times and strategies to maintain mental well being
- working from home - managing work life balance
- Stress Essentials - recognizing signs and symptoms of stress and effective tools to use
During registration, please consider the donation option. Donated funds collected through this event registration will be equally divided between Indspire and Black Youth Helpline, preferred charities identified by HRPA members in a recent survey.
CANCELLATION POLICY: ALL cancellations MUST be received in writing, 3 business days in advance of the event, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration fees are 100% non-refundable after that time. If it is a complimentary event, a $30 no-show fee invoice will be issued to those registrants who do not attend and have not provided the required notice. Cancellation Deadline is Tues. Oct. 20/20.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tues. Oct. 20/20 at midnight.