Most everyone dreads the difficult, challenging conversation. This includes conversations in which we have to deliver unpleasant news, discuss a delicate subject, or talk about something that needs to change or has gone wrong. This session will provide an overview of how to have that difficult conversation with action-oriented tips to guide you through the process and why avoiding having these conversations is never the answer.
General overview of the session:
1) Understanding Difficult Conversations:
2) Preparation for Difficult Conversations:
3) Strategies for Effective Communication:
4) Managing Conflict and Finding Common Ground:
5) Building Bridges and Maintaining Relationships
1. Develop Effective Communication Skills: Learn strategies for active listening, expressing thoughts and feelings assertively, and asking open-ended questions to foster understanding and empathy during difficult conversations.
2. Manage Emotions and Conflict: techniques for managing own emotions and staying calm during difficult conversations and strategies for de-escalating tense situations and finding common ground to resolve conflicts.
3. Build Stronger Relationships: Understand the importance of maintaining relationships even after difficult conversations. Learn strategies for repairing and rebuilding trust, as well as the benefits of ongoing communication and feedback in fostering healthy relationships.
8:00 AM Welcome, Breakfast and Networking
8:25 AM Opening Remarks
8:30 AM Presentations | Q and A
10:00 AM Event Concludes
Registration Closes: February 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM…or sooner if it sells out!
Registration Difficulties or Questions: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator Bobbi-Lyn Smith at BLSmith@hrpa.ca