This program will be delivered via ZOOM:
The Ontario Pay Equity Act: Introduction and Enforcement
September 16: 8:30AM -12:30PM
Achievement of Pay Equity
September 17: 8:30AM to 1:30PM
Module 3: Maintaining Pay Equity and Consequences of Non-Compliance
September 18: 8:30AM to 1:30PM
Ensure your organization is pay equity compliant.
This 3 module certificate program provides HR leaders with the essential background to the Ontario Pay Equity Act and the obligations imposed on employers in the Province to comply. You will learn the necessary steps to both achieve and maintain pay equity to gauge your organization's state of compliance with the legislation.
- Identify and understand the legal framework of pay equity in Ontario
- Understand the roles of the Pay Equity Commission and the Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal in enforcement
- Learn the necessary the steps required to achieve pay equity
- Identify those events that give rise to pay equity maintenance obligations
- Determine your organizations state of compliance and understand the consequences of non-compliance
Who should attend:
Human resources professionals, officials from employers' associations and Chambers of Commerce, managers and supervisors with responsibility for compensation and pay equity.
Please be advised that this program is designed to address the
Ontario Pay Equity Act and not the Federal Pay Equity legislation.
Carolyn is a partner with Hicks Morley where she has practiced for over 35 years.
Carolyn has represented hundreds of employers in their dealings with the Pay Equity Commission and the Pay Equity Hearings Tribunal. She has been counsel on many of the leading pay equity cases interpreting the legislation. Carolyn works closely with employers and consultants in developing pay equity plans which meet the requirements of the legislation and provides strategic advice where issues arise from employees and bargaining agents.