This event is offered in virtual format
Session 1: 8:30AM-11:30AM (ET)
Session 2: 2:00PM -5PM (ET)
Recognizing and managing mental health issues within the workplace can seem like a potential minefield – but it doesn't have to be. Line managers and HR can learn invaluable skills for maneuvering difficult conversations with employees who may be struggling at work.
In this full-day training seminar, participants will learn how to integrate accommodations in stay-at-work efforts and also learn key return to work planning strategies when returning an employee to the workplace following an absence.
The program will also present strategies to help you better manage employees struggling with mental health issues at work and offer you the opportunity to practice more complex communication strategies to support employees in stay-at-work initiatives to avoid a disability claim or recurring intermittent absences. Strategies to support an employee returning to work after a disability leave will also be covered.
- Review the prevalence and cost of mental health claims
- Learn to recognize and manage mental health problems in the workplace
- Learn key communication strategies or phrases to engage employees with mental health issues in a supportive discussion
- Understand how stay-at-work accommodations are a win-win for all involved
- Understand the importance of maintaining contact and supporting employees who may be absent and on disability
- Learn key strategies to prepare your employee and also co-workers for successfully returning to work after an absence
Who should attend?
Front-line managers and HR advisors faced with managing mental health in the workplace.