An employee's life cycle consists of a few stages, and retention strategies differ for each stage. This workshop presents a different point of view on retention strategies during hiring, onboarding, experienced employees and off-boarding.
The following questions will be discussed:
- How to attract the right person for the right job? What to look for during a resume screening and an interview process. A different perspective on behaviour during the hiring process and how to recognize the skills set that is really needed.
- How to keep employees engaged? What keeps employees motivated to stay, and what pushes them to leave?
- Letting the wrong person go sometimes might be the best retention strategy. How to recognize the wrong person and identify the damaging effect.
- Recognizing the emotional aspect of employees' motivation to stay or to leave and thinking strategically about necessary changes to the retention activities.
- Learning about the Employee Life Time Value concept, how it affects the company's financial bottom line, and how to maximize its impact.
- Integrating a holistic approach to retention by focusing on employees' well-being and psychological safety at the workplace.
A “no show/late cancellation” fee will be charged if cancellation is not provided to email@example.com at least 3 business days in advance.
Registrations will not be accepted at the door.
Registration Difficulties or Questions: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Tracey Gallacher firstname.lastname@example.org
“Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!”