Sourcing, attracting and hiring skilled and critical talent has consistently been a top worry for global CEOs and C-Suite executives. Across industries, sectors and among businesses of all sizes, there is virtually no other HR specialty as constant and ever present as recruitment. Most, if not all, HR professionals will be required to undertake recruitment activities during their career.
The fundamentals of recruitment are well documented and well known, but with this critical function being foundational for the success of organizations, HR must enhance its skill and competence at managing full spectrum recruitment. Indeed, highly effective recruitment practices are essential in business, and critical to HR practice.
This certificate program will build on the fundamentals of recruitment and selection to develop a modern, progressive and comprehensive recruitment process. Participants will leave this program with added knowledge and capabilities to lead their recruitment projects with skill and confidence.
- Describe emerging trends in recruitment and how those influence talent attraction.
- Apply project management methodologies to recruitment.
- Build recruitment reports.
- Communicate in meaningful ways to clients and candidates.
- Understand the importance of IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility) practices in recruitment.
- Design and manage inclusive, equitable and accessible recruitment processes.
- Apply basic marketing and sales tactics to recruitment.
- Prepare and present an offer of employment.
- Negotiate terms of employment so everyone wins.
- Understand how technology is changing recruitment for businesses and job seekers.
- Identify uses for new technology to improve recruitment.
October 20, 2023 - Module 1 (9 AM to 1 PM - 4 hours)
PART A) Introduction: Building off of the Basics
PART B) Requisitions as Projects
October 27, 2023 - Module 2 (9 AM to 12.30 PM - 3.5 hours)
PART C) Inclusive, Equitable and Accessible Recruitment
November 3, 2023 - Module 3 (9 AM to 1 PM - 4 hours)
PART D) AI and Automation in Recruitment
PART E) Brand and Reputation
November 10, 2023 - Module 4 (9 AM to 12.30 PM - 3.5 hours)
PART F) Closing the Deal
PART G) Conclusion and Assessment
Registration Difficulties/Questions: Please reach out to the Professional Development team at Professionaldevelopment@hrpa.ca