Creating a fair, effective disability management program is essential to maintaining a productive workplace.
In this overview course, participants will examine the field of disability management, the rationale for establishing a disability management program, various structures for providing a return to work capacity within an organization, and the process followed in setting up a disability management program or analyzing an existing program.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the field of disability management.
- Describe the characteristics of an effective disability management program.
- Identify the benefits of a disability management program.
- Identify organizational factors that are likely to encourage the development of a disability management program or create barriers.
- Outline the steps required to establish a disability management program.
- Use tools such as SWOT analyses, needs assessments, and program logic models to develop and improve programs.
Who should attend?
The target audience for the course are those who are tasked with the responsibility related to the workforce such as Human Resources, Disability Management / Return to Work practitioners, Health personnel, Occupational Health and Safety, Claims / Benefit plan administrators.
How it works:
Each offering takes place over the course of one week, requiring participants to read the course manual, participate in the online discussion forum on at least four or five days during the course of the week, and complete and submit an assignment. The course is instructor-lead by an expert in the particular topic area being presented, who not only has a minimum of a graduate degree in their field but must also have practical experience related to Disability Management and Return to Work. Upon successful completion of the course, the University provides the participant with a transcript for 12 continuing education hours.
February 24 - March 1, 2020
September 14 - September 20, 2020
October 19 - October 25, 2020
January 4, 2021 - January 10, 2021
February 8, 2021 - February 14, 2021
- If you have a PCU-WHS student ID number, register through Student Services at: email@example.com with the following:
- Course name
- Date offering
- HRPA member ID
- Discount code