For the majority of us, there will be times when we feel overwhelmed by the events of the day, week, month or…gulp…year. Between the pressures of work, responsibilities of family, relentlessness of schooling, and all of our other commitments intermixed, it is natural to feel anxious and all too easy to become stressed out. For most, these are simple and seemingly inescapable facts of life. But when they begin to adversely affect your job, relationships, and health, it is nigh time to do something about it and reclaim balance and quality of life. Better managing your stress is as easy as learning simple but powerful techniques which you can put into practice, anytime and anywhere. These 6 wellness practices offer you tools and strategies to increase your energy, reduce physical pain, de-stress and stay grounded.
In this interactive session, you will discover how:
- moving energy into form with simple exercises can be done in your bed, at your computer or standing up, which will reduce physical pain caused from sitting for hours, staring at a computer screen, or typing too long etc.
- a body scanning method you can do anytime and anywhere, helps to reduce tension, anger, fear and stress
the psychological benefits of expressing gratitude help you feel better about yourself, recall positive experiences, and enhance your empathy and compassion for others
- proper breathing techniques help keep you laser focused, grounded, positive, breathing fully and even to get a good night's sleep
- journaling and goal-setting can help you organize your time, guide your focus, get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper, all while getting crystal clear on the road ahead
- meditation can help you achieve purpose, peace, a sense of belonging and greater joy in life in general
5:00 PM Networking
5:30 PM Intro and Welcome
5:40 PM Speaker Presentation
6:40 PM Q&A
Learning & Giving back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!
Registration Difficulties or Questions? Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Tammy Williams firstname.lastname@example.org