Guelph: 06.18.2020 - Communicate to Connect (SOLD OUT)
In the workplace, you deal with all types of people and personalities. Imagine if you could build relationships and increase business successes by connecting with everyone just a bit better -- even with the people who make you want to pull your hair out. Well, you don't have to imagine any more, because Workplace Communication Consultant, Marion Grobb Finkelstein, is going to show us how to do exactly that. And here's the BONUS: you can use these skills in your personal life too!
In this session, you ae going to celebrate your unique communication style. You'll also gain skills to identify and appreciate other styles and build bridges between them. Marion will draw on her expertise of being "Personality DimensionsTM" certified to help you leverage your communication strengths in the workplace. You'll discover flashpoints between your communication style and those of others and discover that maybe that difficult person may just be different. In fact, you'll learn how those differences make your workplace team even stronger.
- Identify your personal communication style and strengths (get new insights and understanding)
- Celebrate diversity in communication styles (build an appreciative work culture)
- Connect better with those "difficult" people (who may not be difficult, just different)
- Adapt your own personal communication style to build bridges with others, while still remaining authentic (build relationships without selling out)
- Understand and relate to both "big picture" and "detailed" thinkers (communicate so others really "get" what you're saying)
- Recognize the gifts that both introverts and extroverts bring to your workplace (build teams and respect)
Guest Speaker: Marion Grobb Finkelstein
Marion helps you gain powerful strategies to connect with employees, bosses, clients and colleagues. She has earned many awards including the Association of Professional Executives of the Public Service of Canada "Award for Leadership in Service Innovation" as a member of the team "OPERATION TIM HORTONS". Specifically, she was recognized for overseeing the communications associated with establishing the first-ever Tim Hortons coffee outlet in Kandahar Airfield for the Canadian Forces and allied forces in Afghanistan.
Living in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Marion travels across Canada to share practical, powerful and proven workplace communication strategies. www.MarionSpeaks.comCanadian.
12:00pm - Opening Remarks and Introductions
12:05 - 1:30pm - Presentation and Closing Remarks
HR Professionals are seeking to assist!
We are all in this together, and for many Ontarians access to food is a real challenge at this time. As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Feed Ontario as our COVID-19 recommended charity.
HRPA members attending Chapter sessions between now and June 30, 2020 have the option to support, please select the $5 registration option when joining a free chapter webinar. All proceeds will go to support COVID-19 efforts through Feed Ontario. All contributions will be non-refundable.