HRPA in partnership with PMI Toronto is pleased to deliver this LIVE and instructor-led project management course, tailored to HR professionals like you.
Organizations must adapt faster to changes in order to be successful. How do organizations achieve that? With projects! This 8 hour course is designed to give you the project management basics you need to understand project management and be able to apply some key practices. The course will cover elements of both predictive (waterfall) and adaptive projects including defining the project scope, schedule, budget, and risks. This course will also focus on key ‘soft-skills’ required by project managers and team members to work together on a project. These soft-skills include team roles and responsibilities, stakeholder engagement., and project communications.
This course will use real-life examples to instruct the key concepts, learn from others and provide an opportunity for the students to apply some of the skills covered in the course.
- Describe how projects support strategy implementation
- Understand the project methodologies and approaches
- Learn key concepts, tools, techniques from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide v6 and v7)
- Learn and grow your project management vocabulary to thrive in a project team
- Learn how to incorporate project management approaches into your projects
- Build your PM Skills to write your Certified Associate Project Management Certification (CAPM) – 8 hrs towards CAPM education requirements
Day 1 (July 05, 2022)
9 AM - 11 AM Module 1: Introduction
- What is a project? What is project management?
- Project life-cycle approaches, Adaptive vs Predictive
- Overview of project management concepts and terms
- Link to strategy and organizational change
- Benefits and business case
2 PM - 4 PM Module 2: Scope and Resources
- What is the project scope?
- Create a WBS
- Create and prioritize a Product Backlog
- Building the project team (Team canvas)
Day 2 (July 06, 2022)
9 AM - 11 AM Module 3: Schedule and Cost
- Types of project schedules
- Iterative project delivery
- Approaches to cost estimating
- Cost types and contingency
2 PM - 4 PM Module 4: Stakeholders, Communication, and Risk
- Stakeholder engagement assessment and register
- Project and team communications
- Risk and Quality in projects
- HR Professionals and projects
Registration Difficulties/Questions: Please reach out to the Professional Development team at Professionaldevelopment@hrpa.ca.