The Annual Business Meeting will include a report on Chapter activities, member recognition, and an introduction of our 2021/2022 Chapter Board.
In his Understanding People from Different Cultures and Overcoming Cultural Gaps presentation speaker Bill Dennis will:
• Explain various cultural differences vis-à-vis the culture of mainstream Canadians. This points out how strikingly different the cultural beliefs and values of foreign countries can be.
• Show and explain the “Visible Cultural” features of a culture and the powerful “Invisible Cultural” core features resulting in the “Visible Culture” features of a culturally different individual.
• Explain the various aspects of “Culture” which is, in effect, an umbrella term. • Show and explain the power and impact of an individual’s “Cultural Lens”.
• Show and explain examples of cultural mistakes unconsciously made by mainstream Canadian employees when interacting with culturally different employees.
• Show and explain Cultural mistakes commonly unconsciously made by mainstream Canadian managers when interacting with culturally different employees.
• Explain the important “starting point” of understanding culturally different individuals. • Show and explain the seven most important dimensions of a culture and compares each dimension to the culture of mainstream Canadians.
6:00pm - Welcome and Introductions
6:05pm - Annual Business Meeting - Chatham-Kent Chapter Chair Nicole Papps
6:30pm - Speaker Presentation - Bill Dennis
8:00pm - Event Concludes
Registration closes: May 4, 2021 at 8:00am.
Registration difficulties: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Bobbi-Lyn Smith at BLSmith@hrpa.ca
* During registration, please consider the donation option. Donated funds collected through this event registration will be equally divided between Indspire and Black Youth Helpline, preferred charities identified by HRPA members in a recent survey. *