Robert Richler and Mathew Rago will provide an annual law update on any ESA updates as well as covid related legal updates. Topics will include:
- Vaccine mandates and policies and how it will affect companies
- Paid time off for Covid-19
- Infectious Disease Emergency Leave (IDEL) changes
- Termination case law update – and how Covid potentially affects notice periods
- Constructive dismissals under IDEL – is it constructive dismissal or not?
6:00 PM - Introduction
6:01 PM - Guest Speakers Robert Richler and Mathew Rago from Bernardi HR Lawyers
7:50 PM - Q&A
8:00 PM - Event Conclusion
Registration Opens: September 14, 2021 at 8 AM
Registration Closes: October 19, 2021 at 5 PM
Registration Difficulties or Questions? Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Rebecca Lauzon at RLauzon@hrpa.ca
With the fast changing HR environment in the midst of a pandemic and vaccination mandates on the horizon HR NEEDS to be aware of what we can and cannot ask of our employees. This presentation will equip HR Leaders with the knowledge and comfort level to make decisions based on upcoming legal requirements:
- What are the employment law implications to any / all covid related updates?
- Have there been any ESA updates HR leaders need to be made aware of?
Learning & Giving Back! As suggested by HRPA members and as part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility, HRPA has identified Indspire and Black Youth Helpline as recommended charities. Should you wish to support please select the $5 donation option upon checkout. Thank you!