The proper and timely termination of an employee for cause can dramatically improve a workplace and the productivity of its staff. But a mishandled termination can consume your time, distract your staff, and burn through legal costs, among other problems. Do you know when and how you can effectively terminate employees for cause? If not, this is session will help teach you how.
This program is designed to help attendees understand the law as it relates to terminating employees for cause. The session is designed to help attendees understand basic concepts like what kinds of misconduct can amount to cause, how to distinguish whether cause truly exists or not, how to properly document / investigate situations that may give rise to cause, and understanding the financial consequences of cause terminations under the common law and employment standards legislation
It will also touch on some more advanced topics like the use of workplace policies to improve the chances of establishing cause and understanding common litigation strategies in litigation relating to cause terminations.
- Learn what qualifies as cause, what does not and how to tell the difference
- Learn the basics of for cause terminations
- Learn about the impact good policies and investigations can have on termination decisions
- Learn the financial impact of for cause terminations
- Understand common litigation strategies
Who should attend?
- Who want to round out their knowledge base;
- Who regularly carry out terminations;
- Who anticipate introducing or revising certain workplace policies;
- Who are struggling to manage difficult employees/workplace conflicts.