*** Registration will open April 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM. ***
COVID-19 has impacted every industry and person around the world. In an effort to assist the economy in overcoming the anticipated effects of this pandemic, the provincial and federal government have announced a number of changes, with more to come. What does this mean to employers? What can an employer do to ensure that it satisfies its obligations to its employees while also ensuring ongoing stability for the company. Can an employer temporarily lay off employees? Is there any assistance available to employers? What benefits are being offered to employees? What effect does COVID-19 have on severance payments?
This program will assist employers in navigating through these uncertain times while also providing practical considerations.
- Review of changes to provincial legislation resulting from COVID-19;
- Review of changes to federal legislation resulting from COVID-19;
- Options for employers who cannot continue normal operations;
- Information on the federal workshare program;
- Risks to employers of sending workers home and/or temporary layoffs;
- The timeline for expected change;
Who should attend this program?
- Employers – whether provincially or federally regulated;
- HR practitioners;
- Employment lawyers;
- Employees seeking to understand their rights and obligation;