When it comes time to consider terminating an employee, an experienced human resources professional should have dozens of important considerations dancing around in their head. In this seminar, we will narrow that list down to the 12 most important considerations, and focus on the intricacies and legal challenges associated with them.
- Understanding how to use employment contracts to your advantage
- Understanding terminations for cause
- Appreciating the impact of disabilities, and the concept of accommodation in human rights law
- Considerations surrounding communication of the decision to terminate
- How to effectuate a termination while minimizing risk
Who should attend?
Human resources professionals and any other members of management involved in the decision to and the execution of terminations of employees.
We are listening to you, our Members.
You have provided feedback that you would prefer to receive soft copies of presentations instead of printed materials, in order to be mindful of the environment and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Therefore, in 2019,
HRPA Professional Development will, whenever possible, provide a soft copy of the participant course material. We will not produce printed materials unless there is reason to do so
(e.g. program format).
If you absolutely need a hard copy, we request that you print and bring it with you. Hard copies will not be available on site.
Thank you for your understanding.