Employers across Ontario collectively have a billion-dollar unfunded liability, in the form of unpaid overtime. Worst of all, many of them don't even know about it – or have substantial misconceptions about how it works. This webcast explores that enormous potential exposure and how it can be addressed.
We will review the law as it applies to provincially regulated employers in Ontario, how it is applied in specific circumstances, how legal cases in this area are typically addressed, and strategies that employers can consider using to address and limit their liability in this area. We will also deal with the various limits that must be imposed on employees who work more than a regular work week.
- Understanding the statutory obligation to pay overtime
- Who is eligible? Who is not?
- Recent changes to the law (and subsequent changes to those changes)
- Strategic considerations to limit potential legal exposure
- Policy and contract preparation
Who should attend:
Human resource professionals, finance managers, operations managers.