We have reached maximum capacity for this event.
In light of current events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, this program will be offered via Zoom. The program fee has been discounted 50% (HRPA Members: $225+Tax (Originally $450); Non Members: $280 +Tax (Originally $560))
This workshop will provide participants with advanced knowledge on compensation systems in Canadian organizations, with a focus on design, implementation and evaluation. The program cover skill-based/competency-based pay systems, the design of both individual and group performance-based pay systems, and benefits systems (both mandatory and discretionary). The main focus will be on design issues, including eligibility, structure, participatory mechanisms and implementation.
- The importance of the various components of pay systems in Canada
- How to design a variety of pay systems, including base pay, performance-based pay and benefits
- Learn when and under want conditions these pay systems will have optimal value for organizations
- Learn research evidence on the use/effectiveness of these pay systems
- Relevant laws concerning compensation
- How to implement and evaluate pay systems
Who should attend:
HR Professionals involved/interested in their organization's compensation function; those aspiring to become compensation experts; HR professionals studying for certification-based examinations; those involved in pay equity – including employees in both the private and public sectors; and union officials.
8:30am – 9:30 am: Case Study (Offline/asynchronously; Pre-Work)
9:30 am – 11:00 am: Live Class
11:00 am – 11:15 am: Break
11:15 am – 12:00 pm: Group Work
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Live Class
1:30 pm - 1:45 pm: Break
1:45 pm – 2:30 pm: Exercises
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Live Class
3:30 – 4:30 pm: Videos and individual exercises to reinforce class material (asynchronous); students to communicate with professor offline