In light of current events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, this program will be offered via Zoom. The program fee has been discounted 50% (HRPA Members: $450+Tax (Originally $900); Non Members: $565 +Tax (Originally $1125))
A Complete Guide to Employment Law
A Complete Guide to Employment Law is a comprehensive two-day workshop that provides HR professionals with the tools to protect their organizations and navigate potential legal pitfalls related to recruitment, employee performance and termination or resignation issues.
This seminar provides a complete picture of common law concepts with a focus on Ontario law. HR professionals attending this seminar will receive a solid foundation in Ontario employment law, and receive a comprehensive update on recent caselaw examples and trends.
Stay up to date on employment law trends and examples to manage relationships effectively and proactively protect your organization from legal risk.
What you'll learn from this session:
- Build a solid foundation in Ontario employment law.
- Stay informed on issues involving recruitment and selection.
- Strengthen your ongoing employment relationships with solid legal support
- Save time and money.
- Stay out of courts by educating yourself on the proper legal employment processes.
- Understand best practices for avoiding legal conflict.
WHY you should be here:
You will learn how to:
- Navigate legal implications of employment law
- Identify potential contract and employee relationship pitfalls
- Understand common law as it pertains to employer-employee engagement
- Prepare your company for recruitment and selection of employees
- Save time, effort and court battles
WHAT you will gain:
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Know best practices for dealing with employment issues
- Prepare your company with employment trends
- Diminish legal issues and employer-employee disagreement
Who should participate:
"A Complete Guide to Employment Law" is valuable for: those new to HR in Canada, and those who are looking for a refresh or update on employment law in Ontario.
We are listening to you, our Members.
You have provided feedback that you would prefer to receive soft copies of presentations instead of printed materials, in order to be mindful of the environment and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Therefore, beginning in 2019,
HRPA Professional Development will, whenever possible, provide a soft copy of the participant course material. We will not produce printed materials unless there is reason to do so
(e.g. program format).
If you absolutely need a hard copy, we request that you print and bring it with you. Hard copies will not be available on site.
Thank you for your understanding.