It is imperative HR professionals remain up to date and compliant with laws and regulations. Join us as Siskinds lawyers Jennifer Costin, Liam Ledgerwood, Christopher Sinal, Elizabeth Traynor, Jennifer Herpers, Mary Lou Brady, Elena Ashford and Stacey Bothwell share valuable and timely information focusing on a variety of workplace issues, with a special focus on COVID workplace issues. Important topics to be covered include:
- Mandatory Vaccinations in Workplaces
- Employee refusal to Report to Work due to Covid Concerns
- Infectious Disease Leave Under the Employment Standards Act
- Impact of Covid on Termination Payments
- Check your Termination Clauses
- Bringing Employees Cross-border during Covid
- Privacy, phishing, etc.
- and…several more!
The lawyers from Siskinds will discuss new case law and provide guidance on a range of issues relevant to the challenges businesses are facing right now! Siskinds is pleased to partner with the Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce to encourage and invite business leaders to attend alongside their HR practitioners. It is imperative HR professionals remain up to date and compliant with laws and regulations to lead their organizations. As we know….Better HR Makes Business Better!
9:00am - Welcome & Introductions
9:05am – Speaker Presentations
10:30am – Questions & Answers
11:00am - Event Concludes
Registration closes: April 27, 2021 at 8:00am.
Registration difficulties: Please reach out to our Chapter Experience Coordinator, Bobbi-Lyn Smith at BLSmith@hrpa.ca (Note: Non-Members attending an HRPA event for the first time will click the "Register Online" button. Not having a username and password we ask them to click on "Create a Non-Registrant Account" and follow the prompts from there).
* During registration, please consider the donation option. Donated funds collected through this event registration will be equally divided between Indspire and Black Youth Helpline, preferred charities identified by HRPA members in a recent survey. *