Gain an understanding of how to move smoothly from strategy to implementation, identify essential steps, plan purposefully, stay in control and achieve specific strategic objectives.
This three-day Project Management Fundamentals for HR Professionals course will strengthen core competencies for HR Professionals. Become familiar with the project management principles, activities, and techniques applicable to all projects with emphasis on HR projects.
- Describe the importance of understanding how your project aligns with strategic objectives.
- Understand the difference between an operational HR role and a project management role.
- Learn key concepts, tools, and techniques from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide v6 and v7).
- Learn and grow your project management vocabulary to thrive in a project team.
- Learn how to apply your subject matter knowledge to a project.
- Understand the importance of project communication.
- Stay in control of budgets and timelines.
Who should attend this program?
- HR professionals who are or will be participating as part of a project team.
- HR specialists who support multiple projects.
- Business managers with project management responsibilities.
- Leaders of large teams within complex projects.
- Self-taught project managers.
- Project managers preparing for PMP certification.
November 21, 2023 Session 1 - 9am to 11am
- Course objectives
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- The transition to the role of a project manager.
- The importance of strategic alignment.
November 21, 2023 Session 2 - 2pm to 4pm
- Project life-cycle approaches
- The PMBOK process groups
- Initiating a project
- Preparing the project charter
November 22, 2023 Session 3 - 9am to 11am
- Planning a project
- The triple constraint
- The work breakdown structure
- Building the project team
November 22, 2023 Session 4 - 2pm to 4pm
- Project quality
- Project risk analysis
- How to execute a project
November 23, 2023 Session 5 - 9am to 11am
- Human resource management
- The importance of communication
November 23, 2023 Session 6 - 2pm to 4pm
- Understand how to monitor and control a project.
- Change requests
- Closing a project
- Review and wrap-up
Registration Difficulties/Questions: Please reach out to the Professional Development team at Professionaldevelopment@hrpa.ca