Businesses regularly worry about the security of the propriety information and the risks associated with some of their employees with access to sensitive, confidential jumping ship to a competitor.
This program will review the impact of restrictive covenants, such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, which are designed to minimize the risks in these situations.
We will consider how they can be used to protect a business; the risks of engaging them vs. not engaging them; and how businesses can take steps to ensure they are enforceable. We will also review some notable court decisions from Ontario and across Canada considering these provisions in a variety of contexts.
- What are restrictive covenants?
- What are the key types of restrictive covenants?
- What is the impact of restrictive covenants in employment law cases?
- When are restrictive covenants valid and enforceable?
- What are the consequences for breach of a restrictive covenant?
- What are some strategies and considerations for employers who require restrictive covenants?
Who should attend?
HR professionals; finance professionals; anyone else who manages employee terminations.