York: 10.07.20 *Virtual* Workplace Culture, Leadership in Motion and Difficult Conversations
9:30 am - 9:35 am - MC Introduction and webinar rules
9:35 am- 11:25 am - Speaker Presentation (Lisa McFarland1st then Bruce Mayhew ) Q&A
11:25 am - 11:30 am - Event Concludes
Leadership Transformation: Many organizations have faced a monumental shift due to COVID-19 and as they transform the requirements of leadership change. Gain insight into the influences on leadership transformation and what HR needs to work on to transform their own leadership programs to prepare the younger generation of workers who are becoming first-time managers.
- Explore the impact of societal and economic trends on the requirements of leadership
- Discuss strategies to identify relevant leadership potential
- Consider key areas to sharpen the focus of your leadership program
- Discuss HR systems and best practices to support the leadership of the future
Leadership in Motion: Leadership is changing due in part to having four and sometimes five generations working together and because of the influence of our multicultural and global economy. And, the impact of COVID-19 is increasing the importance for Leaders to plan, communicate and support their team differently.
In this new workspace, employee needs are increasing along with greater competition for both employee loyalty and customer loyalty, this session will:
- Share how leadership has changed in the last 10, 20 and 30 years
- Define today’s top leadership best practices that will improve employee satisfaction, feelings of safety, trust and loyalty
- Share why praise is a much more effective than financial rewards when trying to inspire today’s workforce… and perhaps more importantly… how to deliver praise effectively
- Demonstrate how to have difficult conversations that are constructive and safe
Lisa McFarland is the Practice Leader at Williams HR Consulting. She is a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) and brings more than 25 years of experience in the field of Human Resources, specializing in designing and delivering practical solutions that align with organizational culture and people strategy.
As a Corporate Trainer, Bruce delivers customized and interactive corporate training solutions that help employees be more successful and productive while improving employee satisfaction, employee loyalty, and employee engagement.
As an Executive Coach, Bruce empowers his clients to recognize their capacity and build on their natural strengths. Bruce also helps leaders learn complementary leadership styles to increase employee engagement and be more effective.
Bruce has over 20 years of experience helping people and organizations succeed. At the beginning of his career, Bruce spent over eleven years with Scotiabank, designing and developing corporate marketing strategies, working on merger integration teams, and training the national corporate sales team.
Bruce actively volunteers for a number of local, national, and international charities; sits on the board of a Toronto based grass-roots not-for-profit agency, and is a SPIN instructor.