Have you ever sat through a meeting where the mission statement is discussed? How about the vision statement? Strategic planning can be intimidating and hard to apply across the organization. This session is designed to show HR professionals how strategic planning applies to their functional department and how it can be implemented across the team.
This program will cover the basics of organizational strategic planning including implementation and control. The role of a Human Resources professional will be outlined with a focus on how HR can assume a role within the process leading to value-added human resources business strategies.
Strategic formulation will be covered in detail along with a comprehensive approach for strategic implementation of such HR strategies. A case study example will be used to demonstrate such key concepts.
- Review how an organization performs strategic formulation, implementation and control.
- Review the processes associated with developing HR and organization strategic direction; vision, mission, values and strategic goals.
- Identify key human resource strategies and how they link to the overall strategic planning process.
- Examine how to assess external trends and related implications to strategic planning and human resources.
- Learn how to track, implement and control strategic performance using the human resource scorecard.
- Assess the specific implications strategic planning has on human resources including culture.
Who should attend?
This program is targeted towards mid to senior human resource professionals who are looking to better understand how an organization completes strategic planning and their role within the process.
We are listening to you, our Members.
You have provided feedback that you would prefer to receive soft copies of presentations instead of printed materials, in order to be mindful of the environment and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Therefore, in 2019,
HRPA Professional Development will, whenever possible, provide a soft copy of the participant course material. We will not produce printed materials unless there is reason to do so
(e.g. program format).
If you absolutely need a hard copy, we request that you print and bring it with you. Hard copies will not be available on site.
Thank you for your understanding.