The Key to Attract and Retain Key Talent!
Gain a clear understanding of Canadian Group Benefits. Benefits form an important part of an employee's compensation program and play a valuable role in attracting and retaining key talent. Now you can get a comprehensive overview of benefit programs in Canada with this course.
What will I learn?
After completing the certificate program, participants will have the skills and information required to:
- Understand the basics and develop better strategies
- Manage your programs more effectively
- Keep escalating costs under control
Complete all 8 modules and receive your Benefits Program Certificate. Each day builds on the knowledge and skills of the previous level.
Module 1 – Key Elements of Canadian Benefit Programs
- Overview of the public and private benefits in Canada
- Overview of plan design types (traditional, flexible benefit plans)
- Administration options
Module 2 – Group Plan Communications Strategies
- Employee communication options
- Member support beyond enrollment
- Making sure the participants understand the true value of the plan
Module 3 – Pricing and renewal overview
- Review of funding options
- Pricing and renewal calculation breakdown
- Risk mitigation approaches
Module 4 – Trends & Qualitative Optimizations
- Leading health and dental cost drivers
- Common oversights
- Managing potential waste
Module 5 – Drug Plan Management
- Review of spend
- Drug plan trends and pipeline
- Adherence and overall management tips
Module 6 – Disability & Wellness Management
- Trends & Challenges
- Workplace Culture
- Return to Work
- Benchmarking for success
- Looking beyond disability program
Module 7 – Fraud Prevention
- How fraud happens
- Who commits fraud
- Effective anti-fraud strategies
Module 8 – Employment Law & Contracts
- Managing group insured benefit risks
- Employment law considerations
- Legal framework for employers
WHAT you will gain:
Attendees can offer immediate value-add and ROI to the organization after earning certification in the following ways:
- A comprehensive understanding of the many components of Canadian Group Benefits
- Insight into public and private benefits programs and individual benefit types to better formulate plans and strategies.
- Eight levels of knowledge sharing to help manage programs better and minimize costs.
Who should attend?
HR Professionals tasked with hiring, retaining talent in the organization. C-Suite executives who wish to understand Group benefits programs.
What is the course format?
This certificate program combines live virtual instruction with hands-on experiential learning through case studies, scenarios, group work/break out discussions and simulations.
Live Virtual Sessions: There will be online instructor-led modules, during which practical examples and experiences will be shared.
Materials: Participants will be provided with session workbooks to follow along with the content covered in each module and to take notes, as well as additional pre-session and post-session assignments to prepare for the simulations.
Peer Learning and Group Work: Participants will have the opportunity to learn from each other while answering questions and sharing experiences and observations during the modules, as well as through practical, hands-on exercises and simulations based on real-world labour relations events and processes.
Time Commitment: This four-day certificate program will be delivered in eight modules. Participants will spend four (4.5) hours each day participating in the virtual sessions and accompanying exercises and simulation activities. Over the duration of the course, participants can expect to spend an additional five (5) hours completing work outside of the daily sessions, either in break out groups with peers or individually preparing for case study debriefs or simulation participation. The in-class virtual modules will be held as follows:
Intro/Welcome – May 3, 2023 (9:30 am – 10:00am)
Module 1 - May 3, 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Module 2 - May 3, 2023 (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Module 3 – May 5, 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Module 4 - May 5, 2023 (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Module 5 – May 10, 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Module 6 - May 10, 2023 (2:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Module 7 – May 12, 2023 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Module 8 - May 12, 2023 (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, you must successfully complete online assessments after each scheduled module.
This program will not be recorded. This is an intact program in which attendees must attend all of the sessions in order to qualify for the certificate.
Please advise if you require certificate of completion for Life Licensed CE Credit (Ontario only)