This webinar will cover & provide updates on inclusive human resource practices and considerations, as well as ways to tap into new talent pools by recruiting and hiring refugees. The session will address the challenges and barriers faced by refugees during the recruitment process, recruitment practices that recognize a wide range of skills and talent, and how refugees contribute to economic success.
- Learn practical ways that best-in-class organizations have re-tooled their hiring/retention processes to integrate hiring of refugee talent
- DEI advantages and community engagement benefits of integrating refugee talent within your organizations
- Becoming aware of and tips to remove unconscious bias while pipelining qualified talent from overlooked individuals from marginalized groups
Who should attend this program?
Managers & Leaders
- (10 minutes) Jumpstart Refugee Talent: benefits of hiring refugee talent & tips to be aware of during intake/onboarding process
- (25 minutes) Fireside chat with HR/DEI executive at EQ Bank: how culture and hiring process enabled successful hiring of refugees
- (25 minutes) Chief Scientist at Knockri: Case study on how organizations can re-tool their hiring process to be more inclusive of talent from marginalized groups and QnA
If you wish to donate to Jumpstart Refugee Talent kindly use this link Donate | Jumpstart - Refugee Talent (jumpstartrefugee.ca)
Registration Difficulties/Questions: Please reach out to the Professional Development team at Professionaldevelopment@hrpa.ca