The Accredited Executive Compensation Program effectively equips senior management, executives and board members with information, best practices and strategies for executive compensation and corporate governance.
Delivered by experts in the fields of governance, HR and legal, this Certificate Program covers 12 modules in three series: Executive Compensation Reviews, Executive Compensation Plan Design, and Corporate Governance and Oversight.
Who should attend?
This is a must-obtain Certificate for senior management, executives and board members looking to:
- Work with their senior executives, CEO and boards to guide and manage the executive compensation process in their organizations,
- Design and validate an effective executive compensation plan,
- Use executive compensation as a tool for incenting their leadership teams,
- Implement best practices in corporate governance and oversight related to executive compensation, and
- Fulfill their fiduciary duties while also adding real value to their organization.
The Accredited Executive Compensation Program has been developed by Global Governance Advisors, an internationally recognized, independent compensation advisory firm that provides expert advice in the areas of executive compensation, board effectiveness, CEO succession planning, and corporate governance.
What is the course format?
This certificate program combines live virtual instruction through Zoom with hands-on experiential learning through case studies, scenarios, group work/break out discussions and simulations.
- Live Virtual Sessions: There will be 12 online instructor-led modules, during which practical examples and experiences will be shared.
- Materials: Participants will be provided with digital session workbooks to follow along with the content covered in each module and to take notes, as well as additional pre-session and post-session assignments to prepare for the simulations.
- Peer Learning and Group Work: Participants will have the opportunity to learn from each other while answering questions and sharing experiences and observations during the modules, as well as through practical, hands-on exercises and simulations based on real-world labour relations events and processes.
- Time Commitment: This certificate program will be delivered in 12 modules over 5 days. Participants will spend 3 hours each day participating in the virtual sessions and accompanying exercises and simulation activities. Over the duration of the course, participants can expect to engage in open discussions on issues pertaining to executive compensation, incentive strategy and design, succession priorities, employment contracting, board engagement and your role as a trusted HR advisor. In addition, participants will spend time analyzing and discussing situational case studies that will help show how judgement is applied and technical elements put into practice.
- It is requested that all participants spend a minimum of two (2) additional hours prior to the program getting acquainted with the compensation philosophies, plans, and incentive designs within their own organizations. This will help both prepare you for engaging discussions as well as help you practically apply the course material to your own organization and situation. The in-class virtual modules (live sessions) will be held as follows:
Module 1 – November 8, 2021 9:00 to 9:45am: Introduction to Executive Compensation
Module 2 – November 8, 2021 9:45 to 10:30am: Executive Compensation Fairness Opinions
Module 3 – November 8, 2021 10:40 to Noon: Market Competitive Research
Module 4 – November 9, 2021 9:00 to 10:30am: Annual & Long-Term Incentive Plans Including Related Tax, Accounting and Compliance Issues
Module 5 – November 9, 2021 10:40 to Noon: Board Remuneration
Module 6 – November 10, 2021 9:00 to 10:20am: Pay for Performance Assessments
Module 7 – November 10, 2021 10:30 to Noon: Special Situations (Mergers, Aquisitions, Divestitures or IPO)
Module 8 – November 11, 2021 9:00 to 10:20am: Succession Planning
Module 9 – November 11, 2021 10:30 to Noon: Executive Employment Contracts
Module 10 – November 12, 2021, 9:00 to 10:00am: Board Evaluation and Effectiveness Assessments
Module 11 – November 12, 2021, 10:10 to 11:10am: Executive Compensation Governance
Module 12 – November 12, 2021, 11:20 to Noon: Course Wrap Up and Summary