As an HR Professional, you are at the front-line of your organization’s workplace mental health and wellness programs and strategies.
Whether that is processing stress leaves, bringing in training and workshops, managing sick leave policy, or ensuring that you have got the right blend of supports and benefits, HR Professionals at all levels are taking on the lion’s share of workplace mental health and wellness.
Yet this is new territory for many of us, and it can feel scary, awkward, and hard. Many of us have not yet been taught the skills to navigate mental health in the workplace and are barely scratching the surface of reducing the stigma of mental health at work.
Mental Health Skills Training: a Certificate Program for HR Professionals is designed to bridge that gap for HR Professionals at all levels and designations. This six-module, cohort based program will give you the knowledge and confidence to navigate conversations about mental health in the workplace, while also considering legal & ethical implications. We will l focus on compassionate leadership, and energy management plus burnout prevention for HR Professionals in supporting employees in their organizations
This certificate program is designed for HR Professionals who are looking to support their organization and their employees to build a workplace where everyone’s mental health can thrive. Whether you’re taking your first steps into workplace mental health, or you have been wrestling with this for a while, this program will help you approach workplace mental health and wellness with confidence and expertise.
- Conversation starters, making it easier to initiate mental health conversations in the workplace
- Demonstrate skill in active, mindful listening practices
- Build understanding and connect the Canadian Standard for Psychological Health & Safety and its tools within individual workplaces
- Build awareness and familiarity with current legislation and consider the moral, ethical and legal considerations of decision making
- Build compassion as a skill and leverage this character strength as a tool for business-focused, people-centered decisions
- Build understanding of the impacts of rest and physical well-being on our work and explore strategies for managing high workload
- Practice embedding learned theory and skills with small group work and discussions
Module 1 – The Language of Mental Health
Module 2 – Listening to Connect
Module 3 – The Standard for Psychological Health & Safety in Canada
Module 4 – The Legalities of Mental Health at Work
Module 5 – Compassionate Leadership for HR Professionals
Module 6 – Energy Management for HR Professionals
Program Date & Time
February 27, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
February 29, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
March 5, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
March 7, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
March 19, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
March 21, 2024 - 09.00 AM to 12.30 PM
To receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program, you must successfully complete online assessments.
This program will not be recorded. This is an intact program in which attendees must attend all of the sessions in order to qualify for the certificate.
Registration Difficulties/Questions: Please reach out to the Professional Development team at Professionaldevelopment@hrpa.ca