This program is offered via ZOOM
Module 1: October 14th, 2021 – 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Module 2: October 15th, 2021 – 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
An organization's business strategy is enabled by its organizational structure and the people and processes within it. Succession planning becomes a critical process.
Organizational culture lies at the centre of an effective organization – and that cannot be developed nor sustained without effective leadership. The governance structure of the organization therefore requires that a succession plan exists to ensure that a seamless transition in leadership occurs both during an emergency and over the longer-term growth of the organization.
Research has shown that Canada's most successful organizations embed their succession planning process within their organization's integrated talent management strategy. The Human Resources department is accountable for orchestrating succession planning, and this roll up your sleeves workshop is structured to enable HR leaders to understand their role in designing, delivering and continuously improving this critical process. You learn the theory throughout the day in facilitated group sessions with your workshop peers and then it all comes together in the case study at the end of the day.
This workshop will enable participants to understand organizational effectiveness and how succession planning enables the development of leadership talent within an integrated talent management strategy.
- Understand how the state of the business must be the first consideration
- Frame succession planning within the context of overall business effectiveness
- Apply talent management tools to gain buy-in and organizational alignment
- Design succession planning initiatives that are sustainable
- Perform key position analyses
- Apply development plans as tools for high potential performers and others
- Take away ideas that can be implemented within your organizations
Who should attend?
HR leaders accountable for the design and execution of the organization's succession planning process.